Wednesday, July 15, 2009

OUCH!!!

The camp that I am working went to Six Flags today and I got sunburned. It HURTS (in case you didn't know that sunburn hurts). I burned my face (pretty much all of it) and part of my neck. I bought some yummy peanut butter m&ms. They were SO good. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE!!!!! I am so excited! Tomorrow my grandmother and I are going to see the 6th Harry Potter movie! One of my friends brothers saw it and said that it was really cool! I can't wait. Just because I have nothing else to write about I am going to write out some of my poetry. Here goes nothing;

The Reflection
A little drop,
A little reflection,
A little me,
sitting in the drop,
The me inside the drop falls,
It falls from the gutter,
and splats onto the ground.
I think:
"Am I really that fragile?"
"No silly, that's only your reflection!"
-Kasey

Courage is the strength of a lion,
found deep inside its' heart.
Yet now I hide like a snake,
kicked out of its' home.

I'd fly as fast as a sparrow
to a safe haven where all were equal.
Yet when the destroy my holy things
and desecrate my temple
like raging beasts,
I in turn would feel that rage.

My books take flight,
the letters off the pages,
to the heavens above.

Then the beasts,
force me to taste their rancid meat.
They said to destroy us,
for we aren't worthy.

As they ripped out my spirit,
screaming in pain from their impurity,
Fear came out its' shell,
engulfing me.

I sat quietly,
imagining the ways
I'd stop their tidal waves,
of destruction,
and unholiness.

But i sit still,
consumed with fear.
Their numbers,
like the bugs on the earth.
Full of despair,
but the light,
from the eight candles,
fly towards me,
like a white dove.

They hate us,
because we have the light,
and they have the dark,
and force it upon us.
-Kasey 12/9/08
See ya!

1 comment: